educataGhana 2018: Call for applications: Business Training: “How to run your own business”
Apply to participate in one of the interactive business simulation sessions; the Micro Business and Farmers Business Games organised by Sparkassenstiftung during educataGhana 2018.
Objective of Micro Business Game
- Gain basic business skills and an understanding of the factors that influence business success.
- Understand the meaning of entrepreneurial thinking and acting.
- Understand basic accounting and controlling principles and apply simple financial tools.
- Develop a better understanding of customers, basic marketing know-how, market dynamics and competition.
Objective of Farmers Business Game
- Obtain knowledge of crop selection and different cropping systems.
- Gain an understanding of sales and customer relations management.
- Define, manage and analyse financial statements to increase bankability and thereby secure future financing options.
- Make reasonable planning of costs and investments.
- Become familiar with options to mitigate risks related to harvesting, uncertainties and seasonality.
Young ambitious prospective entrepreneurs, both male and female, with a desire to set up their own businesses. Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
What does the whole business start-up package entail?
- Three-days of business training free of charge from Wednesday 28.11.2018 to Friday 30.11.2018, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm each day at the Royal La Palm Beach Hotel in Labadi, Accra.
- Accommodation and feeding will be provided.
- On Saturday, the 01. December 2018 participants will receive further business coaching to develop their individual business ideas.
- After the training at educataGhana 2018, there will be mentoring through the business coaches by phone, and a feedback session on the individual business plans and then finally, the presentation of the final business plan in early 2019.
Are you ready to make your business dream a reality?
As part of the application for the Micro Business Game or the Farmer Business Game, you are required to register and submit an application letter addressing the following questions :
- Who are you? (Introduce yourself)
- What does entrepreneurship mean to you?
- What particular business idea do you have?
- What is the special contribution of your business to the community/society?
- Which aspects of Corporate Social Responsibility does your business idea pay tribute to?
- How would the training impact on your business idea?
- Why should you be selected to participate in the training?
Application Deadline is Wednesday, 24th October 2018.
For further information:
Telephone: +233 (0)20 336 1453